High Temperature/High Humidity Measurements

Posted by Jennifer Pinnell on

When a customer needs to measure the temperature and relative humidity in a high temperature/high humidity environment, such as a humidity chamber or jerky cooking, they can either spend a great deal of money on specialized probes and meters, or they can measure the wet bulb and dry bulb temperatures and calculate the relative humidity.

The term "wet bulb" refers to covering the temperature sensor with a wet wick/sock.  The sensor being covered can be a mercury bulb on the end the the thermometer, or a thermocouple or thermister at the end of a probe.  The other end of the wick/sock should be placed in a vessel containing water, so that the wick does not dry out during the test.  However, in high humidity environments (90%+), this is not typically a problem, so the vessel does not have to be very large.

Tech Instrumentation has had great success in assisting customers to measure relative humidity in high temperature and humidity environments using the following instruments:







This system also allows a third probe that can be used for internal meat temperature or another temperature reading of your choice.

Share this post

← Older Post Newer Post →

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published.

Net Orders Checkout

Item Price Qty Total
Subtotal $0.00 USD

Shipping address

★ Judge.me Reviews

Let customers speak for us

209 reviews

Shipment arrived on time and as ordered.

La Crosse Technologies V10-TH

The La Crosse V10-TH Wireless Weather Station (Model No. C84343) is absolutely wonderful. The setup was easy with the Quick Setup Guide provided with the unit. The packaging contains additional support information with the website and phone number if there are questions. I especially liked the daily high low readings and the color on the unit! Tech Instrumentation provided great communication as to the availability of the product and shipping details. If fact, it arrived one day prior to the estimated delivery date. I would absolutely recommend this product and Tech Instrumentation for anyone looking for an indoor/outdoor weather station!


I needed a replacement as my original sensor no longer worked. This one works fine.

Excellent Customer Service!

I can't way enough about the customer service at Tech Instrumentation. I was looking for a hard to find specialty part, which the manufacturer told me would need to be custom made. After calling and speaking with a representative at Tech Instrumentation, the part was located and order was filled, right over the phone. Delivery was prompt, and instrument is working great. Highly recommended company for lab supplies!

Worked great

Put batteries in and worked great