General Tools LTM1 2-in-1 Laser Tape Measure, LCD Digital Display, 50’ Laser Measure, 16’ Tape Measure
Brand: General Tools
Color: Laser Tape Measure
- VERSATILE: The Laser Tape Measure combines a 50ft laser measurer with a 16ft tape measure
- ONE BUTTON: Simple, one button operation enables fast and easy long distance laser measurements
- MEASURE FASTER and FURTHER: Measure up to 50-feet with the laser, and measure twice as far as a standard 25ft. tape measure
- PRECISE: Measures distances accurately up to 50-feet to within 1/4-inch
- COMPACT SIZE: Portable and compact size easily fits in your hand and can hang on a belt
- CLASS II LASER PRODUCT <1mW power output
Publisher: General Tools
Release Date: 2017-05-07
The 2-in-1 Laser Tape Measure is an innovative product from General Tools that combines two accurate measuring tools into one product. It is a 50ft laser distance measurer with a 16ft tape measure. Now you can quickly and easily get both long-distance measurements and short-span precision from the same tool! With tape measure in hand easily read the large, clear LCD screen for a quick digital reading of the laser distance measurer.
Both DIYers and Professionals will turn to this tool for its one person, one hand ease of use operation.
This 2-in-1 Laser Tape Measure is affordable, durable, compact and gives you the freedom to work at your own pace and get the job done. Quickly measure the length of a room, determine the width of a table, or hang a picture frame.Everything you need is in the palm of your hand with the General Tools 2-in-1 Laser Tape Measure.
See below under Technical Specification for the full User Manual
GENERAL TOOLS - THE PRECISE TOOL FOR DOING THE JOB EXACTLY RIGHT. Offering over 1,000 tools, we’re proud to provide tradesmen, craftsmen and DIYers around the world with a broad range of affordable, specific-purpose mechanical hand tools and precision measuring and inspection tools.
For inquiries, please contact our Customer Service Department at 212-431-6100. We strive to provide our customers with 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
WORK SMARTER, MEASURE BETTER & BE MORE PRODUCTIVE WITH GENERAL TOOLSFrequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I change the reference point of the Laser measurement?
A: The laser measurement reference is fixed at the back edge of the LTM1, opposite the laser pointer (where the battery compartment is). It takes into account the length of the body of the tape measure in the reading.
Q: Can I change the unit of the Laser measurement?
A: Measurements are only displayed in feet and fractional inches. Metric is not available on the LTM1.
Q: How does the laser distance measure part work?
A: The laser measurement system works by shining a laser beam on a target. The time it takes for the reflection of the beam to return to the tool is used to calculate the distance to the target.
Q: Can laser measurement work without the red laser beam?
A: No, the laser beam is needed to get a measurement when using the laser function. The tape can be used for manual measurements at any time.
Q: What are possible reasons why a reading could be incorrect?
- The laser pointer is unsteady or moving too quickly. To steady the laser, press the back of the tool (the side with the battery compartment) against a flat subject such as the wall or floor.
- The target is closer than the minimum range of 10 in or beyond the maximum range of 50 ft.
- The surface of the target is too reflective. You can make a target plate on the surface using tape or a piece of paper.
- There is too much bright, visible light on the target. Providing shade or creating a dark target plate on the surface can fix this.
- The target is able to absorb incoming IR radiation and reflects nothing back to the tool. Examples would be plasma TV’s or computer monitors. Again, creating a target plate would be the solution.
- The target is too transparent to get a proper reading. A target plate will be necessary to get the measurement.
- The ambient temperature is outside the specified operating range (32ºto 104ºF).
Q: How do I retract the tape measure?
A: The tape lock release button is on the bottom of the tape measure.
Q: Why is my unit not turning on?
A: Make sure to check the direction your batteries. The battery in the (+) slot should be placed positive side facing out toward you, and the one in the (-) slot should be placed negative side facing out toward you. Please refer to the Quick Start Guide, which can be downloaded on this page. If you are still having trouble please contact Technical Support at 844-841-9878.