RTR-503 Wireless External Temperature and RH Recorder
The RTR-503 is equipped with built-in wireless communication capability. They are compact and durable data loggers featuring waterproof and dust-proof construction and come with an External Temperature and RH sensor.
A high precision temperature/humidity sensor for RTR-507 extends the measurement range and accuracy. The body is splash proof (IP64 rated for use in daily life) and can be used in wet environments. (Note: The sensor is not water resistant; avoid dew condensation and dampness.)
Recorded data can be downloaded from RTR-500 Series Data Loggers (Remote Units) via wireless communication with a Base Unit. The range between Remote Unit and a Base Unit is about 500 ft. Using an RTR-500 as a Repeater, range can be extended.
Maximum of 8,000 data sets
One data set consists of readings for Temperature and Humidity measurements.
Low Energy Consumption Design
Temperature / Humidity Sensor for RTR-503/503L
- Cable Length: 1.0m
- Possible Temperature Measurement Range: 0 to 55 °C
- Possible Humidity Measurement Range: 10 to 95%RH
- Sensor Temperature Resistance: -10 to 60 °C
- Sensor Response Time: About 7 min. (90% response)
- Temp Measurement Accuracy: Average +/-0.3 °C
- Humidity Measurement Accuracy: +/-5%RH (At 25 °C, 50%RH)
- Operational Conditions: Do not expose to condensation, dampness, corrosive gases or organic solvents.
The service life of humidity sensors can vary greatly depending on operating environment. Therefor, the sensors are not warranted. Periodic calibration may be required. Materials: (1)Temperature/Humidity sensor, (2) Polypropylene resin, (3) Vinyl Coated Electrical Wire
- Temperature 1ch (Internal)
- Temperature 1ch, Humidity 1ch (External)
- Measurement Units °C, °F, %
- 10 to 95%RH
- Accuracy Avg ±0.5 °C Avg ±0.3 °C
- [-20 to 80 °C] Avg ±0.5 °C
- [-40 to -20 °C /80 to 110 °C] Avg ±1.0 °C
- [-60 to -40 °C /110 to 155 °C] Avg ±0.3 °C
- ±5%RH [at 25 °C and 50%RH]
- Measurement Resolution 0.1 °C, 1%RH
Logging Capacity: 16,000 readings 8,000 data sets (One data set consists of readings for multiple channels.)
Recording Intervals: Select from 15 choices: 1,2,5,10,15,20,30 sec. or 1,2,5,10,15,20,30,60 min.
Recording Mode(*1): Endless (Overwrite oldest data when capacity is full) or One Time (Stop recording when capacity is full)
LCD Display Items: Measurements (alternating display for multiple channel devices), Battery Life Warning, etc.
Communication Interfaces: Wireless Communication (Short Range Radio Communication):
FCC Part15 Section247 / IC RSS-210 (Frequency Range: 902 to 928MHz, RF Power: 7mW)
ETSI EN 300 220 (Frequency Range: 869.7 to 870MHz, RF Power: 5mW)
Optical Communication: Wireless Transmission Range Approx. 500 ft if direct and unobstructed
- Power Lithium Battery: LS14250(*2) x 1
- L Type: Large Capacity Battery Adaptor Kit (RTR-500B1)(*3)
- External Power Adaptor Kit (RTR-500A1: sold separately)
- Battery Life (*4) About 10 months, L Type: About 4 years
- Weight Approx. 56g, L Type: approx. 109g (including battery / excluding sensor)
- Operating Environment -40 to 80 °C (-30 to 80 °C during wireless communications)
- Waterproof Capacity IP67: immersion proof Ext Temperature, IP64: Splash proof (rated for use in daily life) RH Probe (*5) Note: Sensor is not water resistant.
- Temperature Sensor (TR-5106)
- Temperature/Humidity Sensor (TR-3310)
- Lithium Battery (LS14250)
- Large Capacity Battery Adaptor Kit (RTR-500B1)
- User's Manual (Warranty Included)
Compatible Base Units RTR-500, RTR-500NW/500AW, RTR-500DC, RTR-500GSM
(*1) Only "Endless" is available when using RTR-500W for Windows or RTR-500GSM for Windows.
(*2) The included lithium battery (LS14250) is not sold in stores. Please purchase the optional battery set (TR-11P2) for replacement.
(*3) When using RTR-500B1 it is necessary to purchase Lithium Battery (LS26500). For details, contact your local authorized distributor.
(*4) Battery life varies depending upon the ambient temperature in which it is used, the recording interval, the frequency of communication, and the battery performance. All estimates are based on operations carried out with a new battery and are in no way.
(*5) This is the waterproof capacity of the data logger with the sensor connected.