* Place in freight vehicle to record and monitor temperature and humidity during transport
* Monitor and record temperature and humidity in distant places where LAN connection is impossible
GSM Cellular Phone Communication Function
By placing a Base Unit in the truck cabin and Remote Unit(s) in the cargo compartment(s), it is easy to monitor temperature and humidity while on the move. As long as the Base Unit is in communication range for cellular phone service it can be used to communicate with and manage Data Loggers that are within wireless communication range; perfect for during transport, in the mountains, on the sea or for any out of the way places where a LAN connection is impossible.
Warning Monitoring Function
When a measurement exceeds an upper or lower limit and has been judged by the RTR-500GSM to qualify as a warning; a warning report can be sent via E-mail or SMS to specified e-mail address enabling the user to always stay in the know about changes in measurement readings. Moreover, by connecting a siren or lamp to the external contact output connector when an important warning occurs, the people at the point of measurement can also quickly take any necessary action.
Automatic Downloading of Recorded Data and Monitoring of Current Readings
Recorded Data and Current Readings can be automatically downloaded from Remote Unit(s) at a set interval and that data can then be sent by e-mail or FTP to a designated address.
Select a Power Source to meet your Application Needs
The user can select to run the unit on four AA alkaline batteries, or use the AC adaptor to connect to an AC outlet, or hook up to an external power source of their choice by connecting to the External Power Connector (DC 8 34V). Keeping batteries in the unit provides a backup source of power for when and if electrical power is cut from the AC or DC connection. If using batteries as the source of power, the estimated battery life is about 10 days.
* If necessary, please purchase separately our optional AC adaptor AD-0605 or AD-05C1.
* When using an external power source, it is necessary to use a power source which meets the specifications of our External Power Cable BC-0201 supplied with the unit. We do not handle or sell external power sources; please purchase separately.
* Battery Life will vary depending on the measuring environment, the quality of the battery being used, the frequency of communication and other settings made in the unit.
High Speed Wireless Communication and Data Downloading
The wireless communication range, if unobstructed and direct, is about 150 meters [500 ft]. Downloading recorded data from one full (16,000 readings) Remote Unit into the Base Unit takes only about two minutes. Placing a Repeater between the RTR-500GSM and Remote Units can easily expand the wireless communication range. When using Repeaters and downloading data, the same amount of time noted above is necessary for each Repeater.
About SIM Cards
To use the RTR-500GSM, you first must purchase a SIM card from your cellular phone company or carrier and install it into the RTR-500GSM. After installing the card and making some necessary settings with the supplied software via PC, you are ready to connect to your cellular phone network.
The SIM card must adhere to the following conditions:
* Compatible with GSM (GSM 850 or GSM 1900).
* Able to use SMS (Short Message Service) and GPRS (General Packet Radio Service).
* The card has been activated.