TRIX-8 Data Logger - LogTag
The LogTag® TRIX-8 data logger is a versatile, wide range, multi-trip Temperature Recorder, featuring high resolution temperature readings over a measurement range of -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F).The LogTag® TRIX-8 data logger is equipped with a unique external temperature sensor arrangement providing fast reaction time to temperature change. IMPORTANT: Each location (not each logger) requires a LogTag Cradle in order to program and retrieve data from the logger.
Using the LogTag® Interface Cradle and the freely available companion software LogTag® Analyzer, the LogTag® TRIX-8 data logger is easily set-up for recording including delayed start, sampling interval, number of readings and configuration of conditions to activate the 'ALERT' indicator.LogTag® Analyzer also provides facilities for charting, zooming, listing data statistics and allows exporting the data to other applications such as MS Excel once the data has been downloaded.
A real time clock provides date/time stamps for each temperature reading.
Push-to-start button with optional delay or a specific time & date. This portable temperature data logger comes with comprehensive customization options including alert settings, sample interval and trip duration. Complies with industry standards including EN12830. WHO PQS Prequalified under E006 devices : PQS Code E006/006
- Alert indicator – indicates if readings are outside of preset limits
- OK indicator indicates if still recording and if readings within configured limits
- Inspection mark in log by push button
- Push Button Logging start
- Rapid Download! Takes only seconds to download recordings
- 'Pre-Start' logging - LogTag® can be configured to record even if it has not been started.
- High performance at low cost
- Credit card sized case – thin enough to be easily mailed “letter rate”.
- Real time clock records time & temperature simultaneously
- Easy to use LogTag®Analyzer software that runs on any PC configures LogTag® for recording then downloads resulting data for analysis. Data can also be exported to formats compatible with other applications such as Excel
- Highly reliable and accurate
- Re-calibration is possible to achieve higher accuracy possible
|Measurement Range||-40°C ~ +85°C (-40°F ~ +185°F)|
|Resolution||< 0.1°C for -40°C ~ +40°C,
< 0.2°C for +40°C ~+80°C
|Accuracy||Better than ±0.5°C for -20°C~ +40°C.
Better than ±0.7°C for -20°C~ -30°C & +40°C~+60°C
Better than ±0.8°C for -30°C~ -40°C & +60°C~+80°C
|Sensor Reaction Time||Typically less than 5 minutes(T90) in moving air (1m/s).|
|Capacity||8032 readings (16K bytes memory)|
|Sampling Frequency||Adjustable, 30 sec to several hours|
|Logging Start Options||Push button start or specific date & time. Optional start delay of up to 18hours.|
|Recording Indication||Flashing 'OK' indicator / flashing 'ALERT' indicator.|
|Download Time||Typically with full memory (8000 readings) in less than 5 secs depending on computer or readout device used.|
|Environmental||IP65 (roughly equivalent to NEMA 4)|
|Power Source||3V LiMg battery|
|Battery Life||2 ~ 3 years of normal use (based on 15 minute logging, download data monthly.|
|Other Features||• Logging start by push button or specific date/time start
• Optional clearing of alert indication by push button (places inspection make at same time).
• Download inspection mark recorded in LogTag memory every time LogTag is downloaded.
• 'Prestart' fail-safe logging (records temperature data even if not started)
• Low Battery indication in software.
• Comprehensive Alert indicator configuration.
• Calibration to achieve higher accuracy possible.
- Bacterial growth
- Cool Chain Quality Indicator (CCQI)
- Insulated shipping container
- Shelf life
- Temperature control
- Time temperature indicator
- Thermal decomposition
- Thermal insulation
- Tolerance (engineering)
- Transportation management system
- United States Pharmacopeia
- Validation (drug manufacture)
- Verification and validation
In order to calibrate your LogTag Recorder, we use the LogTag Calibrate software. LogTag Recorders releases our LogTag Calibrate software only to selected users who have suitable equipment and credentials relating to standard practices of Temperature and/or Humidity calibration.
If you require calibration of your logger, please contact Tech Instrumentation at 303-841-7567 ext 2.
Calibrate after a battery change
Loggers that have had their case opened have potentially been exposed to electrostatic effects. In addition, units that had their battery replaced may not have been correctly hibernated or may have suffered from memory corruption if battery voltage was critically low during use.
They should therefore be validated for correct operation and performance after the battery change. The preferred way of doing this is by way of re-calibration, where ideally the product should be exposed to its full temperature measuring range.
Response Time for TRIX-8
The most common industry standard expression for temperature reading stabilization time is the ‘T90’. This is defined as the typical time taken of a given sensor in a given environment (e.g. moving air, still air, liquid etc.) to register 90% of an immediate step change in temperature.
The T90 of TRIX-8 is typically less than 5 minutes in moving air of 1m/s.
As the thermal step response is basically dependent on the latent heat of the two thermal masses involved (the Logger and the surrounding environment) and the rate of thermal transfer between them, the T90 is the same irrespective of the difference of temperatures though at extremes (water freezing and boiling points for example) the environment does not behave homogeneously thereby changing the rates of thermal conduction and therefore changing the resulting T90 value.
For example: in a situation of a 25°C step change say starting at 10°C and moving to 35°C in moving air of 1m/s, the TRIX-8 will typically register 90% of the step after less than 5 minutes – i.e. 0.9×25 = 22.5 -> 10+22.5 = registering 32.5°C within 5mins.
The T90 for a 15°C step in 1 m/s moving air (say 10°C to 25°C) will be the same. 0.9×15 = 13.5°C +10 = registering 23.5°C within 5mins.
T90 is different in slower moving air or still air, though air is never totally ‘still’ when a temperature difference exists as convection will take place.
Net Orders Checkout
Let customers speak for us292 reviews
The EXACT one we needed. Thanks for quick shipment of the Sensor. Works great! Five Star Service and I will be using you in the future!
The thermometer is small and perfect for the place I wanted to put it
Very happy with the 2 pizza oven thermometers that we got, the delivery time was good. The only issue we had was the overseas shipping price that was quoted was way over the top, we ended up finding another way to do it that was over $100 cheaper
Great price and was just what was needed.